The Certification in Integrative Manual Therapy is awarded to individuals who have completed the entire IMT course series and have passed comprehensive oral and practical skills testing. Those that have successfully passed the examination process will be permitted to use the credentials “Cert. IMT”. The education behind this credential is designed to provide the foundations of clinical reasoning and differential diagnosis coupled with appropriate evidence-based therapeutic interventions. Cert. IMT professionals will be recognized as expert providers of an array of advanced neuromusculoskeletal therapies. These will include spinal manipulation, non-thrust mobilization approaches, and manual neuromuscular re-education techniques all supported by appropriate therapeutic exercise interventions and movement strategies designed to promote patient wellness and independence.
The following classes are included in the certification requirements:
- IMT-1: Integrative Manipulative Therapy of the Spine
- IMT-2: Integrative Manual Therapy of the Upper Quadrant
- IMT-3: Integrative Manual Therapy of the Lower Quadrant
- IMT-4: Advanced IMT for Complex Cervicothoracic Spinal Conditions & Radiculopathies
- IMT-5: Advanced IMT for Complex Lumbopelvic Spinal Conditions & Radiculopathies